Support PEEP in the Community
You can support PEEP in any of the following ways:
- Make a tax-deductible donation to PEEP. Your generous support allows PEEP to continue to positively impact the lives of local youth through group mentoring, educational and entrepreneurship programs. A portion of your donation is also invested in our scholarship program, which to date exceeds $86,000 in scholarships awarded to local students who continue their education in colleges/universities, vocational or technical schools.
- Become a PEEP Career Mentor! Through PEEP, small business owners and career professionals can participate in one of our group mentoring programs. Group mentoring allows volunteers to provide essential information to students in school classroom and workshop settings, with commitments that range from 1 to 4 hours during the weekday or on Saturdays.
- Join us at the PEEP Career Mentoring Luncheon. Traditionally, this annual event is a ‘power lunch’ offering more than 200 Charlotte-Mecklenburg high school students face-to-face interaction with skilled professionals and entrepreneurs for enlightening discussions about entrepreneurship, prospective careers, and furthering their education. The luncheon also serves an important role in the awarding of PEEP Scholarships. A portion of the proceeds from the luncheon goes to our annual scholarship awards. All takes place at the Westin Uptown, Charlotte. Attendees also get to network with other career professionals and business owners. NEW in 2015! the luncheon includes interactive booths where students get a more in-depth look at their fields of interest such as healthcare, technology, media and more! (Whether attending or not, please inquire about how you can sponsor a student to attend.)
- Tutor students in Math twice monthly at the PEEP SMaRTT Academy (Saturday Math and Refinement Technology Training) during the school year.
- Spend time at PEEP YES! workshops (Pride Entrepreneur Education Program Young Entrepreneur Series!) This six-part, monthly workshop series needs entrepreneurs just like you to attend and provide coaching, motivation and assistance to students who have the desire to start their own businesses.
- Skilled support. Do you have a skill that can assist us in running our program (i.e. newsletter writing, fundraising, curriculum development, grant writing, great connections, etc.)?
- Sponsorship opportunities are available for our programs at a variety of levels beginning at $250.
Here’s how your support helps:
- Volunteering as a career mentor, assisting in our programs – provides students with real-life information, education and experiences, and offsets some of our program costs.
- Financial support – allows PEEP to continue to provide the necessary programs that expose students to: entrepreneurs, STEM careers; financial literacy and budgeting.
Interested in joining our mission? Complete our simple form and we will be in touch!
Here’s an example of how a $50 donation breaks down. Two group mentoring sessions: $25 volunteer recruitment, instructor fees, $12 student incentives, prizes, etc., $8 program administration, $5 scholarships.